Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Pithy sayings 7

"Le grand inconvenient des livres nouveaux est de nous empêcher de lire les anciens." Joseph Joubert

"The biggest inconvenience about new books is that they prevent us reading the old ones!" 


Joseph Joubert, né à Montignac le 7 mai 1754 et mort à Paris le 4 mai 1824, est un moraliste et essayiste français. Wikipédia

Didn't make it to the last Book Club for the year. Guess what they chose for this time ?? "To Kill a Mockingbird" one of my all-time favorites that I not only studied at school, that I also taught when I was an English teacher in Hamilton.

Other old favorites that I have kept for retirement (!): Crime and Punishment, Shakespeare, The World's Contracted Thus (an anthology of poetry where I discovered so much about it), A Town Like Alice, and any Jane Austen books! Hoping to discover new ones as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment