Pages

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Burnout leads to new discoveries, new understandings

Through F/book I read the following article and want to share it with you because this last year I have been faced with my own fragility and burnout. The author has found such a great way to express her own journey and it rang true for me in a number of ways.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2013/october-web-only/second-calling-of-christian-burnout.html?start=1

I can't say I'm in the
 academic world in the same way as her, but the exclusion and the subtle (and not so subtle) disapproval of her Christian faith is exactly what we Christians experience in France.
The suffering and trials she refers to have helped her understand God differently and more profoundly. I have the same experience.
The need to be in an environment from time to time which can 'fill up the well' is one of the reasons I love travelling to England or being able to get a dose of Australia and it is why I continue to be part of the Femmes 2000 movement, even if it means travel. (But nothing is in vain, because this article was posted by Lidija, a Croatian theologian I met at the Femmes 2000/Hope for Europe conference in Strasbourg)

My counsellor is helping me to live for the moment and to enjoy the sheer wonder of being in God's presence in the here and now.

Peace and joy be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment