Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The sun is shining ...

finally! We have had a lot of grey and fog and no snow since November. I had hoped it would help me get motivated, but I'm still waiting for the adrenalin buzz !!!

How are you all ?
I'm supposed to be finishing the text for the young people's version of the World Day of Prayer (Chili, this year), organising the afternoon activities programme in preparation for the Day ; translating my prayer points into French; ordering some books; reading minutes from our committee meetings in readiness for our AGM on Wednesday; contacting another lady who needs spiritual encouragement ...

Am listening to the sound track of the Chilian ladies singing for the WDP.
Need a coffee ...

Floor needs a vacuum; phoned my son who wanted to come home for the day from his High School since he has no more classes for the day - suggested he go and find out about driving lessons so we can get started on him learning to drive with us ...We can't afford the time to go and get him then take him back to school tomorrow. (He boards during the week).

There is a teachers' strike on Thursday - so have at least one child home then.
Still have to sort out my Christmas decorations to put them away properly - but have left our cards and letters up on the wall because I think of you.

In short, I have a number of things to attend to and no real will to get them done. Yet I know I will be stressed and hard-pressed very shortly if I don't get going !! The fruits of the Spirit I have always struggled most with are self-discipline and patience!

I had a number of studies and articles to prepare in the last 2 weeks; a fair bit of driving; a couple of counselling sessions with people; and I received the good news that our Church Union has recognised my ministry through the local church and in the general French scene. I now am an Associated Christian worker with them. Sometimes after working towards something that really motivates you, you have a slump when you reach your goal. So it's not surprising I feel tired...
Reminds me of : "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy  set before him endured the cross ..." The Bible - book of Hebrews chapter 12 verses 1 and 2

There, I feel better already having written to you and being reminded to fix my eyes on Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment