Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

In limbo

Three of my appointments with women were cancelled this week and I suddenly find myself in limbo. I get psyched up for each encounter, I prepare the material, I organise my family life and then anticipate the moment when we launch into the Word of God and get fed ! I love it when we explore what the Scriptures show of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. And I love it when we find some relevance to our lives today. Some of the most precious moments are when we pray together.




We often use the telephone for these meetings, but last Tuesday I took the bike to ride to Catherine's 18 km away. It's part of my "getting fit for the Ardèchoise" campaign. Nearly killed me ! Plus my chain was slipping. Catherine walked out to meet me (thank God for mobile phones, too!) and wheeled the bike to her house. She offered me a shower and a good meal. I recovered and we were able to talk about witnessing to our neighbours and had a great time of prayer outside on the grass in the sun. Spring is blossoming all around us at the moment.

Then back on the bike in fear and trembling, but it was like I had wings and made it back up the hills. Then there was a long down hill ride to Lamastre. Pascal was sending me encouraging SMS s but I didn't want to stop pedaling to read them!!

And here I am in limbo again - so I've caught up on my birthday e-cards, my address lists and now my blog. I am procrastinating a little because I really should get on to our newsletter. Oh well - next time someone cancels ....

No comments:

Post a Comment