Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

So this is Christmas






Claire excelled in her decorations again for this, our first Christmas in our lovely new house.

We did the French version of Christmas : Pascal and I attended the Reformed Church's afternoon play on 24th, then we had our Christmas meal en famille. Just the five of us. Claire did the organisation. A game, a film, and one present to open.


The menu: foie gras and tarama; lettuce salad; wild boar casserole and potato balls; local cheeses; and a home made bûche de Noël of which Claire and I are very proud. It's our first!

I always have a bit of a downer at this time because I'm so inbued with our family christmases in Australia. Lots of family, several occasions, church in the morning. I miss that and haven't managed to transmit it to my own family.

The next day, 25th, we had a French breakfast while skyping the family and then we were allowed to open the rest of the presents!

It was pleasant and intimate - we have such busy and varied lives that being together is becoming a luxury and a precious time to keep for ourselves. However, I do have a special thought for all those who do end up alone or isolated or who are far from family and/or friends.

I hope your Christmas was a special time and particularly stamped with the wonder of the Christ child and his mission on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment