Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Repairing in other ways

Over the last 3 weeks I've had to admit I hurt people's feelings or offended by my words and tone.

I'm very good at self-justification, but I knew I had spoken unkindly or aggressively and it was not justified. Once I reached that conclusion and had apologised to God, I knew I had to ask forgiveness from the people I had offended. Not so easy to repair this kind of situation compared to repairs in our house!

In one case I was not necessarily in the wrong, but had to clear up misunderstandings. We are not always wrong, but when we are aware of a difficulty in a relationship with someone, we become responsible for trying to re-establish that relationship.

So the Lord provided the opportunities and I was able to speak to the different people concerned. It brought us closer together and built up our mutual trust. What a great feeling ! It is so freeing to be able go on knowing we have been forgiven and the relationship is repaired. Admitting our differences but being respectful of each other's point of view is also a blessing.

Thank God we can go back and repair all sorts of things.

The next day I gaffed again and received an SMS letting me know. I apologised for the hurt by SMS and today I could hug the lady concerned. We both love each other as sisters in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment